Saturday, March 6, 2010

Long Run day

I am training for my second marathon (my first was the ING New York City Marathon on 11/1/09 when I ran a 3:58. My second marathon will be on May 1, 2010 in Kenosha, Wisconsin, my hometown. Kenosha is between Chicago and Milwaukee on Lake Michigan, and the race runs through the neighborhood that I grew up in along lake Michigan. My mom still lives there, so it will be great to see her while I run.

Today, my marathon training schedule had me scheduled for 15 miles. I ended up running 15 miles hard - 11 with my friends JW and DW (both are training for Boston in April) - they are very fast and went out at around 8:05 for the first 11 miles. I stayed with them until right before 11 miles, when they began to push and I was pretty tired. I decided to slow down after the first 11 miles, which is the fastest I have ever run 11 miles. I felt great for the first 9 miles and the 8:05 pace felt good, but then I stated to tire. I am definitely becoming more fit, but not yet fit enough to be able to hold 8:05 for 15 miles during a training run. JW and DW ended up running 22 miles today, very impressive. I slowed down for miles 12-15 (see my splits below) and finished strong, ending with a pace of 8:15 for the 15 mile run.

After, I met my friend SFD and we ran about 2 miles at a pace of 9:05. It was great running with SFD and I hope we can do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment