Saturday, June 29, 2013

3 months post surgery

June 27, 2013

Just saw my foot/ankle surgeon. He said I'm 6-8 months ahead of schedule (I had the surgery done 3 months ago yesterday and they originally said it would take me 1 year to recover). I'm going to have the 2 screws in my heel removed at the end of July. Recovery from that is 12 days in a boot. I've been walking to and from work everyday (1.7 miles each way) with minimal pain. He said my tendon strength is super high. He said "wow!!" when he tested me.  Now I need to get rid of this pesky blood clot in my right calf. He said I will likely run in 3 months, maybe a little earlier. Awesome!

Still have pain in my foot but it usually is a 1-2 in the morning and a 3-4 at the end of the day. Staying active to keep it from getting stiff is key. I have moved back to my standing workstation which has also helped my recovery and I get my new orthotics made by Soris on 7/18. Excited for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment