Thursday, September 30, 2010

Run while on a business trip in Washington D.C.

Today (9/30/10), I was in Washington D.C. on a business trip.  I was able to get a quick run in, which was awesome.  It was very windy and raining all day (winds over 30 mph), but I was able to get my run in with almost no rain, which was awesome.  I stayed at the Georgetown Inn on Wisconsin Avenue, which is in a great location.  I walked down to the water, ran over to the Lincoln Memorial, down to the mall, out to the Washington Monument, and back to my hotel (5 miles).  I stopped all over the place to take pictures (see below).  I started and stopped a lot and took minutes off during the run, but still ended up with an 8:25 per mile pace (and a 8:02 moving average pace, which my Garmin 405 watch calculates).  The workout ended up being an interval workout, as I would run fast, stop for a minute or two, and then run fast again.  My splits in order were 8:31, 8:59, 8:53, 8:32, 7:12 (this includes the time I took to stop and take pictures).  It ended up being a great workout plus very scenic and enjoyable.  I absolutely love running in different locations!  It is the best way to see a city.

Click here for a link to my Garmin 405 file for a map of my run

Here are some pictures I took while running (the nice buildings are on the Georgetown Campus):


























No comments:

Post a Comment