Week 14 Summary - peak marathon training week
- 6 workouts - ran 5 times (43 miles in total), cycled once (43 miles, approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes) - total workout time approximately 8.5 hours over 5 days.
- Monday - 5 miles (8:19 pace) - heart rate monitor battery dead
- Tuesday - 10 miles (8:19 pace) - heart rate monitor battery dead
- Wednesday - 5 miles (8:19 pace) - heart rate monitor battery dead
- Thursday - Off day - travel to Vancouver
- Friday - 20 miles (8:47 pace, ran negative splits and stopped many times to take pictures (see below) - heart rate monitor battery dead
- Saturday - Off day
- Sunday - Brick workout - 2 hour and 30 minute bike ride (43.34 miles) followed immediately by a 3 mile run (overall 7:39 pace) - with the first mile off the bike at a 6:48 pace, which I was working hard for. Slowed down after that.
- Overall, started out each of my runs easy (except for Sunday) and finished strong. Had a few workouts where I ran 1-2 miles hard with splits in the 6s
- Continued to feel good and really enjoyed my workout on the bike trainer. I definitely need to buy one for our apartment for winter training (plus I feel like I got a different type of workout which I liked). Can anybody recommend a good trainer to buy at a reasonable price? Does anybody know of a used one for sale? I will be doing a lot of trainer work this winter to build my base for my Ironman Canada race on 8/28/2011.
By far, the best part of the week was our daughter Kaiya turning 2 on 9/21 (I can't believe that she is 2 already!). So, for the second consecutive year, we celebrated her birthday in Vancouver and Miranda and Paul's house.
Here is a picture of Kaiya while at Whistler (she picked out and put on the hat herself)